1. You have only a short period of time in your life to make your mark, and I’m there now.
2. Failures are infinitely more instructive than successes. – George Clooney
3. Art takes different forms… But it represents something that is basic in all of us—our history.
4. If we turn our heads and look away and hope that it will all disappear then they will – all of them, an entire generation of people. And we will have only history left to judge us.
5. You need to have flopped quite a few times to get a sense of how little any of it has to do with you.
6. You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak.
7. The only failure is not to try.
8. I’m kind of comfortable with getting older because it’s better than the other option, which is being dead. So I’ll take getting older.
9. I had to stop going to auditions thinking, ‘Oh, I hope they like me.’ I had to go in thinking I was the answer to their problem.
10. When you’re young you believe it when people tell you how good you are. And that’s the danger, you inhale. Everyone will tell you you’re a genius, which you are not, and if you understand that, you win.