1. If one man can destroy everything, why can’t one girl change it?
2. Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher, can change the world. – Malala Yousafzai
3. I raise up my voice not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.
4. When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.
5. We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.
6. I tell my story, not because it is unique, but because it is not. It is the story of many girls.
7. Our men think earning money and ordering around others is where power lies. They don’t think power is in the hands of the woman who takes care of everyone all day long, and gives birth to their children.
8. Kindness can only be repaid with kindness. It can’t be repaid with expressions like ‘thank you’ and then forgotten.
9. With guns you can kill terrorists, with education you can kill terrorism.
10. Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.
11. Education is neither eastern nor western. Education is education and it’s the right of every human being.
12. Though we loved school, we hadn’t realized how important education was until the Taliban tried to stop us. Going to school, reading and doing our homework wasn’t just a way of passing time, it was our future.
13. Life isn’t just about taking in oxygen and giving out carbon dioxide.
14. One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.
15. We were scared, but our fear was not as strong as our courage.
16. Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow.” Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.
17. Let us pick up our books and our pens. They are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world.
18. I think of it often and imagine the scene clearly. Even if they come to kill me, I will tell them what they are trying to do is wrong, that education is our basic right.
19. One year ago I left my home for school and never returned.
20. If people were silent nothing would change.